West Pennine Motorcycle Training
Terms & Conditions
Applicable from 00:01 – 29/03/2021 until Further Notice Overriding other conditions below.
Due to continued uncertainty over training and testing being able to run during the Covid-19 Pandemic we have introduced the following temporary condition:-
In the event of cancellation of training or tests by trainee or due to government restrictions, site operators decisions, or ourselves, courses after the above time will only be issued with a FULL West Pennine Motorcycle Training account credit. There will be NO Refund option. The account credit can be used against future training/tests.
Trainees should be mindful of government guidelines and restrictions that may be in place regarding travel and household mixing prior to attending events, please click HERE(https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus) to see the latest government guidance.
- The base start level for any course is the ability to ride a bicycle.
- Bikes Provided :West Pennine and its agents/employers on grounds of safety/ability have the right to decide which motorcycle or scooter is appropriate for training/hire regardless of the type of course booked. If an alternative motorcycle is provided on the grounds of safety or ability no refund is due.
- When a course, training, lessons or a test (of any type) are not completed or used through no fault of West Pennine Motorcycles no refunds will be made.
- Any fees or costs (including test fees) which are saved by West Pennine in the interest of the trainee (ie if trainee is not currently ready for test), will be saved purely for the benefit of future training for the trainee with West Pennine and are not available as a refund.
- When a test is cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency (DVSA), including for reasons of weather, if the training has run to the allotted test time then no liability is taken for any consequential loss by West Pennine Motorcycle training and the course or lessons is considered completed without refund or liabilities. Where the DSA is liable it has its own compensation scheme (see links page). If the test is cancelled by weather alone West Pennine will charge a nominal fee to cover base costs to rerun the test/tests.
- PLEASE NOTE:- Offensive abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated towards staff in any way or by any method or by anyone. Trainees are responsible for their behaviour and the behaviour of any associates. Any training will cease and you will be asked to leave the premises. Any course fees will be forfeit, and any test fees donated to NW Air ambulance. The police may be notified. The DVSA (examiners) will be notified of your name and driver number. No excuses no exceptions. We have a right to work in a peaceful and safe environment.
- If a course is cancelled outright giving five clear working days notice, then course fees will be refunded less £250 course or £50 CBT (none refundable deposit) and any already booked test fees. If the course is not cancelled prior to its start then the full course fee is payable. If a course is moved prior to start date then the full course must be paid for prior to moving dates, the full fee is then none returnable. West Pennine may in certain circumstances waive these conditions but that is at West Pennines absolute discretion and an admin fee of 5% will be charged to cover card/bank charges and our administration costs.
- Gift vouchers are none refundable, however West Pennine may allow the voucher to be used for alternate training at West Pennine to the same value.
- CBT training is normally priced per day and is run at a discount compared with normal daily rates to encourage and help new riders. If extra hours or days are required to get to a standard to be issued with a certificate these will be charged at normal training rates.
Course definitions :- PLEASE NOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Experienced DAS: rider has good base control of a 600cc bike no issues with figure 8, U turn, balance, steering and gear shift and must be capable of demonstrating this at start of course.
- Experienced rider:- rider has good base control of a 500cc bike no issues with figure 8, U turn, balance, steering and gear shift and must be capable of demonstrating this at start of course.
- Prior experience: rider has good slow speed control of a 125cc bike, clutch control, balance and steering are not an issue.
- Intermediate:- Has base skills able to set off smoothly but may be a bit wobbly or a bit rusty.
- Novice:- None rider:- but we would expect the person to have the basic balance ie Can ride a peddle cycle! If a rider falls outside these guidelines we reserve the right to advise further training or train on a lower capacity bike for safety reasons.
- Special offers can not be doubled up, only one type of offer per course or group of courses. Offers include 3 for 2, free accommodation, guarantees, or any other offer, which may be available.
- Buy one get one half price for all CBT full licence and ERS course. (when available).
- Conditions:- Courses need to paid in full. Dates are not movable once booked. No refunds if cancelled. Free course does not include test fees, certificates or B&B.
- Dates are winter period only. Only available by phone.
- Price rises will be passed on to customers unless course prices paid in full on booking.
- Hire excess is £50 for accidental damage up to 125cc, and £250 for all other bikes. Damage caused by failure to follow important safety instructions, careless or reckless use, will be at an excess of £500 and cannot be waived.
- Motorcycling is potentially a dangerous pastime! We would like to bring to your attention that customers are covered by full comprehensive insurance road risk only. West Pennine are not responsible for any accidents, mishaps or personal injuries. West Pennine does not provide personal accident insurance.
- A small fee is charged included in the training courses to cover test booking, changing bookings and credit card charges, details are available by calling the office.
This website is operated by West Pennine Motorcycles.
West Pennine Motorcycles grants you a non-exclusive licence to use this website upon the following Terms and Conditions.
West Pennine Motorcycles may terminate this licence at any time without notice.
Materials in Site
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to West Pennine Motorcycles. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. It is protected by intellectual property laws including, but not limited to, copyright.
- You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal and research use only. Commercial use is not permitted. The re-distribution, republication, or otherwise making available of the material on this website to third parties, without the prior written consent of West Pennine Motorcycles is prohibited.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Limitations and Exclusions
- If any Goods/services do not comply with the contract between the Company and the Customer, for any reason, the Customer’s sole remedy against the Company shall be limited to the Company replacing the Goods/services or refunding the price paid for them.
Under no circumstances whatsoever shall the liability of the Company to the Customer exceed the price paid for the Goods/services.
- The Company accepts no liability or responsibility for any consequential or indirect losses or expenses, (including but not limited to any loss of profit, turnover, business, expectation or bargain) suffered by the customer or any other person, for any reason.
Except as otherwise provided by these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, undertakings and conditions, express or implied, are excluded.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts the Company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence, or for fraud or deliberate wrongdoing.
- Each term and provision of these Terms and Conditions is separate and distinct and shall not be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other term or provision. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions confers or implies any right, power or privilege on any person other than the Company’s Customer.
- Whilst we agree to use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Company site is fully operational and error-free, we cannot guarantee this and therefore accept no responsibility for any defects and/or interruption of the Company site and/or the Company service and shall be released from our obligations under these terms and conditions in the event of any cause beyond our reasonable control which renders the provision of the Company site and/or the Company service impossible or impractical.
- The information on this web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice by the Company and the Company may also make improvements and/or changes to this information at any time without notice.
- All Goods shown on this site are representations of the products and designs that will be supplied by the Company to comply with your particular order and as such we cannot guarantee that your Goods will look exactly like the design shown on the web site including the pictures shown on this site which are for guidance only.
- Where deposits have been paid to book service days or dates these are none refundable along with any test fees already paid to the Driving Standards Agency.
- Any payments due for service (courses) are due at start of course.
- No refunds will be given once a course has started, and is not completed through no fault of the company.
- The company has the right to refuse to provide motorcycles to a trainee if the company is concerned about the safety of the trainee on a particular motorcycle, the company will not refund if this is done on the grounds of safety or the trainee agrees to use another motorcycle.
The Customer shall comply with all instructions the Company and/or the manufacturer of Goods supplied by the Company in relation to the fitting, installation, service and use of the Goods. The Customer shall keep the Company fully indemnified against all costs, claims, demands, and liabilities that may occur due to any failure to comply with those instructions.
Every contract to which these Terms and Conditions shall apply shall be constructed in accordance with an governed in all respects by English Law and the Company and the Customer agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Except to the extent permitted by law, nothing in these Terms and Condition shall affect or restrict the statutory rights of any person dealing with the Company as a consumer.
Design and Reproduction
Drawings, photographs, part numbers, layout and style are considered property. Reproduction in whole, or in part, strictly prohibited without written permission. Quantities and measurements are approximate. Trademarks acknowledged. Exact Goods may vary from that shown. All Goods subject to availability.